We recently took a quick family vacay and when planning the food for the trip, peanut butter and granola roll-ups came to mind. They are super easy to make and they satisfy growling tummies that need a little boost in between meals. Most often, I have all of the ingredients on hand. It makes it nice to have some snacks ready to go so that you don’t have to buy “all the things” on the frantic trip to the grocery store. It never fails that I forget a thing or ten.
We left for our trip late in the afternoon and drove through the night. The next day, the hubs hit the grocery store (with a prepared list, of course) and the girls and I prepped the bags for the beach. I was ready to make the roll-ups for the snack bag and discovered I had forgotten a key ingredient, the honey. I did however pack the blackberry jam that D made last week. I decided to sub the jam for the honey and BAM. Problem solved. I love how the fruity burst took these tasty bites to another level!
Peanut Butter and Granola Roll-ups
- 3-4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup of your favorite peanut butter or other nut butter
- ¼ cup jelly/jam of your liking (or honey)
- ½ cup granola (I prefer to keep things simple here, but explore away)
- Mix peanut butter, jelly and granola in a medium size bowl.
- Evenly spread onto tortillas covering entire surface.
- Roll up tortilla.
- Wrap in saran wrap and place in refrigerator to chill for ~30 minutes.
- Slice into bite size pieces and enjoy!
Tip: if traveling, keep in cooler for less mess.
In recent years, I have made it a point to select a peanut butter or other nut butter with as few added ingredients as possible. Also, D has a peanut allergy. Fortunately, she is fine to be in the same room with it and suffer no ill effects. Thankfully so, because J has an affinity for the stuff (sometimes I think this is to spite her sister).
Such a cute family! These sound just right for family outings.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Dorothy! They gobble them up every time!Delete